Education and Background
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology with specialization in Individual, Family and Child Therapy
- MA from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- BA from Howard University, Washington, DC.
- Client-Centered Humanistic
- Family Systems
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma Informed Care
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Improve daily functioning
- Have less doubt -- more faith
- Learn to use smell, sight and sound
- Build a solid group of friends and community
- Foster clarity and deeper understanding of triggers
- Develop effective coping skills
- Normalize emotional experiences
- Identify defeating patterns of behavior
Work Experience & Specialization
Life transition challenges
Young Adults & Teens
Substance Abuse Treatment and Education
Life Skills Coaching
More About Nadiyah Sala
Hi my name is Nadiyah Sala, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
I work with people from all backgrounds who are searching for more authentic ways to live their lives. I know it’s not always easy to choose a therapist. Together we will collaborate to get through painful life events, to filter through difficult relationships, gain tools and coping skills for dealing with depression, anxiety and trauma. I utilize mindfulness and body awareness to calm your mind and live in the present moment where the magic lives.
I believe in working with an individual’s spirituality to cultivate the healing process. My therapeutic style is collaborative and interactive. I have a down to earth, supportive straight forward style that nurtures positive life changes for each client. I provide a safe place for clients to filter through various thoughts and emotions. My goal is to provide tools and coping skills to minimize stress and deal with life's hard times, as well and identify and magnify your strengths to achieve the vision you have for your life.