Education and Background
- 10 Years practicing Psychology
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from California School of Professional Psychology with Individual, Family and Child Emphasis.
- MA from California School of Professional Psychology
- BA from University of California, Los Angeles
- Client-Centered Humanistic
- Family Systems
- Cognitive Behavioral
- Alleviate symptoms of Depression and Anxiety
- Learn and implement problem solving strategies
- Develop healthy cognitive patterns and beliefs about self and the world
Work Experience & Specialization
Provides psychotherapy to Adults, Adolescents, Couples and Families specializing in:
- Coping with Depression
- Managing and reducing symptoms of Stress and Anxiety
- Handling job loss and career revival
- Couples and families with relationship conflicts
- Recovery after trauma and abuse
- Adjustment to life transitions
- Now revising previously developed Information and Resource Guide focusing on Depression with new useful strategies and coping mechanisms.
- Attending Evolution of Psychotherapy Conference.
More About Dr. Mahtab Ataipour
Dr. Ataipour has extensive experience working with individuals who possess multicultural backgrounds and upbringings. Her fluency in Farsi has enabled her to help individuals dealing with acculturation struggles, generational difficulties, discrimination and the effects of immigration on family members. She understands the importance of cultural sensitivity and tailors each individual’s treatment accordingly.
Dr. Ataipour understands that depression clouds the ability of individuals to realize their dreams, while anxiety keeps individuals from acting on their dreams. Dr. Ataipour believes that realizing dreams and conquering fears are an essential goal of therapy. She recognizes that depression and anxiety can change peoples’ lives and hurt everyone involved. Everyone suffers.
Dr. Ataipour considers the roots of depression to be emotional injuries which can keep individuals blocked, fearful and full of negative associations. It is her belief that since these injuries occur in relationship, the best way to address and work through them is in relationship as well. As a therapist, Dr. Ataipour brings her whole self to the clinical process with an appreciation and compassion for the uniqueness of each person and their experiences.