Education and Background
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapist registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (#96438)
- Associate Professional Clinical Counselor registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (#3482)
- MA in Clinical Psychology with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy from Pepperdine University
- BA from Trinity University
Work Experience & SpecializationProvides psychotherapy to Adults, Children, Adolescents, and Families specializing in:
- Stress & Anxiety
- Life transitions
- Social & Relational difficulties
- Substance Abuse Treatment & Education
- Familial distress
- Level 1 trained and currently pursuing certification in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
More About Katherine Copeland
Hi, I’m Katherine Copeland. I’m an Associate Marriage & Family Therapist (AMFT) and Associate Professional Clinical Counselor (APCC).
As your therapist, I strive to create a warm supportive environment so you can feel free to be your true authentic self, elicit feedback, gain insight, and grow.
While I take a traditional talk therapy approach, working from a psychodynamic perspective, I also use modern, integrative interventions such as somatic psychotherapy and mindfulness-based practices. This means we may look into your past, present and unconscious experiences by working with dreams, images and metaphor. It also means we may be checking in and listening to the sensations and wisdom of your body to aid in growth of awareness, particularly in processing stressful or traumatic life events.