Education and Background
- 10 Years practicing Psychology
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from California School of Professional Psychology with Families and Couples Emphasis
- BA in Social Relations from James Madison College at Michigan State University
- Work Experience & Specialization
Provides psychotherapy to Adults, Adolescents, Couples and Families specializing in:
- Infidelity, Stress over finances, Communication Issues
- Depression & Anxiety
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Addiction-inpatient & outpatient
- Sexual Therapy with Individuals and Couples
More About Dr. Karen StewartDr. Karen has a strong passion for her work, displayed through her warm, empathetic rapport she establishes with her patients. Dr. Karen provides a range of psychological services including marital counseling and therapy, couples and sex therapy, and psychotherapy for individuals. She provides her clients with constructive ways of dealing with sensitive situations to ultimately improve their lives.
Personal StatementI believe therapy is a positive growth experience for individuals and couples who have various challenges in their lives. I have worked with clients on a variety of life’s struggles including depression, anxiety, drug and alcohol dependency, life transitions, and self-esteem issues. I have worked with couples on sexual dysfunction and desire issues, relationship problems, infidelity, and communication difficulties. I have assisted clients through struggles with their sexuality, Gay and Lesbian issues, and various health concerns including AIDS and HIV infected and affected persons. I am devoted to my work and dedicated to helping my patients live healthier, more fulfilling lives.